Monday, February 15, 2010

At a Crossroads




At a Crossroads

How are you doing?
That’s great.
I can see your bright sight, your regular walk,
Like a march.

But I am, you know, at a crossroads
My right is your left
You see: a chair, a table, a bench,
And me, I see a torn down tree.

'Cause I am, you know, at a crossroads.
From my place, I can see the sky askew.
You divide every winter, every dawn in half...
You love your wife.

It’s time to go, the cigarette’s going out.
Soon, you know, there will be morning.
The wife’s waiting, surely she won’t sleep at all
And the labourers will rise.

And I am, you know, at a crossroads
Here blink the lights of various opportunities.
You say: enough, stop, no more...
And you don’t envy me.

We’d better go before the cigarette goes out.
Soon, you can feel it, there will be morning.
She’s waiting and she won’t sleep at all.
And the labourers will rise.

And I am, you know, at a crossroads.
Though I would make a life if I wanted to.
I can see a puppy, a puppet, a pot.
I would just have to be nice.

You also used to be at a crossroads
Today you understand these conditions.
And you work, you know, like that dog...
And my life is shaking like a leaf.

Time to go, the finches are already singing.
Soon, you see, there will be morning.
To go home, to rub the eyes, to wash the teeth.
Before the labourers rise.

______________________________________________

I'll buy you a tea or whatever if you tell me how to translate
"proszę pana" better than this.

No comments:

Feel free to use any of my translations, just please let me know :)